DECA chapters operate in more than 151 high schools and career centers across Missouri as part of the marketing and cooperative education curriculum. In 2015-2016, membership totaled 8,035. Missouri DECA receives distinction as one of the larger state associations in the international organization.
- Students who are currently enrolled in an approved marketing and cooperative education course are eligible for DECA membership. In addition, students enrolled in other courses taught by a certified marketing teacher currently teaching at least one approved marketing course and serving as a DECA advisor also are eligible for DECA membership. The course content must align with a state-approved DECA competitive event for the student to be eligible for membership. Year long or semester course enrollment satisfies the concurrent enrollment issue.
- DECA programs are co-curricular, meaning programs complement nationally recognized curriculum standards in the classroom and then go further to incorporate realistic, educational experiences not available through classroom instruction alone.
Click here for more information on:
- Initial Online Roster Instructions - Due by Dec 1
- Adding to Online Initial Roster Instructions - Due by February 15
- Start a New Chapter
- Missouri DECA Policy Manual (Membership requirements #12) - Currently being revised - coming soon after July 2016 Board Updates