DECA chapters operate in more than 153 high schools and career centers across Missouri as part of the marketing and cooperative education curriculum. In 2014-2015, membership totaled 8,500. Missouri DECA receives distinction as the eighth largest state association in the international organization.
- Students who are currently enrolled in an approved marketing and cooperative education course are eligible for DECA membership. In addition, students enrolled in other courses taught by a certified marketing teacher currently teaching at least one approved marketing course and serving as a DECA advisor also are eligible for DECA membership. The course content must align with a state-approved DECA competitive event for the student to be eligible for membership. Year long or semester course enrollment satisfies the concurrent enrollment issue.
- DECA programs are co-curricular, meaning programs complement nationally recognized curriculum standards in the classroom and then go further to incorporate realistic, educational experiences not available through classroom instruction alone.
- Initial Online Roster Instructions - Due by Dec 1
- Adding to Online Initial Roster Instructions - Due by February 15
- Start a New Chapter
- Missouri DECA Policy Manual (Membership requirements #12) - Currently being revised with July 2015 Board Updates