Business, Marketing, & Information Technology Education
Welcome Our New Staff
Tammy Stains joined our section on September 24th. Tammy is the new DECA State Advisor. Her email address is [email protected] and her number is 573-522-6541. Chris Dzurick joined the BMIT staff on September 8th. He is the FBLA State Adviser as well as the MBEA liaision. His email address is [email protected]. You may also contact him at 573-751-8679.
The following updates was shared at the BMIT Mentoring Meeting.
- The Adobe Certified Specialist may be an exam to look into for your students. It is both an approved TSA and IRC. I have received some communication regarding some students' inability to pass the Business Fundamentals exam because the students are concentrators in more of the design side of IT.
- A committee representing comprehensive HS and area career centers met on comprised of September 3. The window for submitting a Request for Industry Recognized Credential (IRC) Status was March 4, 2014 through June 30, 2014. Schools will be notified of approval on or before October 1, 2014. Approved IRCs will be added to the Core Data code set for reporting at the end of the 2015-2016 school year. The Department received 102 IRC applications. 50 of those were unresponsive, not submitted by an administrator, and 20 were duplicate requests. In all, 32 assessments were reviewed, 5 were approved as requested.
- All FV4 money is allocated at this time.
- A BMIT Advisory Committee will be created in the future. Representatives from business and industry as well as classroom teachers will make up this group. We need to remember the importance of preparing students for business and industry. Our curriculum must align to their needs.
- The MBEA Fall Conference was canceled. They are looking into holding regional workshops.
- The MoACTE Conference begin on July 21, 2015.
- We will once again offer the BMIT Emerging Technology Workshops. July workshops are the most requested; however, accounting issues arise with holding workshops that close to the end of the fiscal year. I'll do my best to schedule them in the July.
Thank you to the mentors and proteges who attended the BMIT Mentoring Meeting on September 29th in Jefferson City. Some great dialogue and questions were discussed and shared. The next required meeting is scheduled for January 28th in Jefferson City.
DECA Fall Leadership and State Officer Election Conference
The DECA Fall Leadership Conference is being held October 19-20 at The Lodge of Four Seasons in Lake Ozark. Students will participate in role plays, hear from an array of speakers and enjoy the keynote from a native Missourian, Kyle Scheele.
FBLA Show-Me Leadership Conference
The FBLA Show-Me Leadership Conference is being held on October 18 at St. Charles Community College in Cottleville. Click here to check out the program for the SMLC.
BMIT Buzz Word
Industry Recognized Credential (IRC) - Definition: A portable, recognized credential (tangible evidence) that validates an individual has successfully demonstrated skill competencies in a core set of content and performance standards in a specific set of work-related tasks, single occupational area, or a cluster of related occupational areas.
|Memo Date||Subject||Memo #|
|Jan. 2014||Enhancement Grant FY15||CCR-14-003|
|Jan. 2013||Enhancement Grant FY14||CCR-13-003|
|Jan. 2013||Updated Technical Skills Attainment List for MSIP 5||CCR-13-001|
|BMIT Changes in Approved Courses||CCR-11-014|