Getting Ready for the HSE Test
Are You Ready to Take the HSE Tests?
You may wonder if you need some help preparing for the HSE tests. By contacting an adult education program in your area, you can learn about preparation classes in local high schools, adult education programs, or community colleges. Staff members at these class locations can help you decide whether you will need to study for all the tests, or whether you should spend time brushing up in just a few areas.
Preparing to Take The Test
- Class Locations
- MOLearns (Missouri's FREE online classroom)
- Testing Locations * Testing Centers at MSU Springfield and Nevada are opening soon!
- HiSET® Q & A
- HiSET® Missouri Requirements/Q & A
- HiSET® Test Content
- HiSET® Score/Results (You will receive your certificate by mail if you qualify)
- Scored at least 8 out of 20 on each subtest
- Scored at least 2 out of 6 on the essay
- Achieved a total scaled score on all five HiSET subtests of at least 45 out of 100
- HSE Transcript Q & A
For some candidates, a disability may interfere with their ability to fully demonstrate what they know under standard testing conditions. If you feel you need a special accommodation due to a documented disability, contact ETS HiSET Disability Services to learn what steps to follow.